dezignIT was founded in 1998 by husband and wife team, Jenny Rollo and André Verheij. The long-standing joke has always been that Jenny is the design and André is IT, but in fact that is exactly how the company name evolved. Jenny’s extensive experience in the academic and corporate sectors as a researcher, writer and graphic designer underpins the creative element of the consultancy, while André brings more than 20 years’ experience in IT as a solutions architect and application specialist. André is well known within the industry for his ability to work effectively at the granular level while maintaining a clear vision of the ‘big picture’.
Using these complementary skillsets, the team at dezignIT has worked successfully with clients from a broad range of sectors including medical, legal, education, telecommunications, transport (roads, rail and aviation), travel, defence, power, energy and environment, as well as not-for-profits and government organisations both in Australia and internationally.
Jenny is a capable researcher, writer and passionate science communicator with expertise in technical and science writing in both corporate and academic environments. Coming from a unique multi-disciplinary background in physics, applied mathematics, engineering, neuroscience and journalism, has underpinned Jenny’s ability to effectively communicate highly technical and scientific concepts across diverse and seemingly disparate disciplines.
Jenny has spent many years working in the corporate sector in business development roles and has recently returned part-time to academia as an independent scientist in the area of Alzheimer’s research.
Jenny’s core competencies include:
- High level writing, editing, presentation and design skills enabling the understanding of complex technical ideas by a wider non-specialist audience
- Ability to think strategically and provide technical and commercial vision to a project through well developed problem solving skills, and understanding of the business processes and client/user requirements across a comprehensive range of business areas
- Developing business plans including financial forecasting, licensing models, marketing strategies, branding and commercial positioning
- Writing successful bids and proposals with individual values in exces of $500M
- Writing successful grant and funding applications, and proposals for securing sponsorship for not-for-profit organisations
- Comprehensive research experience in academic, technical and corporate environments including the process of due diligence, patent and prior art search, market research, competitor analysis, user-acceptance and testing strategies, and literature searches.
Jenny’s key qualifications
- BSc majoring in mathematics and physics
- MSc majoring in geophysics
- PhD in mechanical engineering
- Diploma in freelance journalism
- Diploma in radio broadcasting.
André is a highly innovative and experienced application specialist and solution architect with well-developed skills in problem solving and management in both the corporate and higher education sectors. He has a sound reputation for commitment to delivering exceptional and effectual technical outcomes through his clear and collaborative communication and negotiation skills, complemented by his in-depth technical knowledge and understanding.
André is passionate about Identity and Access Management, Learning Analytics and Automation.
André’s core competencies include:
- Professional and practical managerial experience and skills to lead and motivate multidisciplinary teams
- Strong analytical skills to understand business requirements and identify key areas for improvements in processes, efficiencies and productivity
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of client future business requirements, balanced with an understanding of internal culture
- Strong ability to holistically design strategic solutions
- Excellent client relationship management with clients across many levels of an organisation
- Technical expertise in software development processes, deployment of enterprise level technology to meet internal customer needs
- Results-driven with significant experience and expertise in project management
- Organised with excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Dutch.
André’s industry qualifications include:
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RH300)
- Red Hat Enterprise Security: Network Services (RHS333)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- MySource Matrix System Administration
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- ITIL Foundations
- Project Management (Prince2)